Bati Shak (বাটি শাক) is a versatile and nutritious leafy green vegetable native to tropical and subtropical regions of Asia. It has been cultivated for centuries for its culinary and medicinal properties.
Color: Deep green
Size: Leaves are round or kidney-shaped and grow about 2-5 cm in diameter.
Flavor: Slightly bitter and earthy
Texture: Crisp and tender
Vitamin C: A powerful antioxidant that supports immune function and collagen production.
Vitamin A: Essential for vision, cell growth, and immune function.
Iron: Helps transport oxygen throughout the body.
Calcium: Essential for strong bones and teeth.
Potassium: Helps regulate blood pressure and muscle function.
Net Wt : 10 gm
MRP : 99 TK
Culinary: Bati Shak is commonly used in stir-fries, soups, and salads. It can also be dried and powdered for use as a seasoning.
Medicinal: Bati Shak has been used traditionally to treat various ailments, including skin conditions, digestive issues, and urinary tract infections.
Bati Shak is a relatively easy plant to grow. It thrives in warm, humid climates and prefers moist, fertile soil.
1. Site Selection: Choose a location that receives full sun or partial shade. The soil should be well-drained and have a slightly acidic pH.
2. Planting: Bati Shak can be propagated from seeds or cuttings. Seeds should be sown in a seedbed and transplanted to the garden once they have developed a few true leaves. Cuttings can be taken from mature plants and rooted in water or soil.
3. Watering: Bati Shak requires regular watering, especially during hot, dry periods. Keep the soil moist but not soggy.
4. Fertilizing: Apply a balanced fertilizer every few weeks to keep the plants healthy and productive.
5. Harvesting: Bati Shak leaves can be harvested as needed. Young, tender leaves are most flavorful.
6. Pest and Disease Control: Bati Shak is relatively resistant to pests and diseases. However, it is important to monitor the plants for any signs of trouble and take appropriate action if necessary.
– Bati Shak can also be grown in containers.
– Use organic fertilizers and pest control methods whenever possible.
– Harvest Bati Shak regularly to encourage continued growth.
With its rich nutritional profile, versatility in the kitchen, and ease of cultivation, Bati Shak is an excellent addition to any garden or diet. Enjoy the health benefits and flavorful goodness of this leafy green gem.